Saturday, January 8, 2011

Change is good

These days I have been very very happily doing up my vision boards and writing my affirmations and intentions for 2011. It's an exciting time because everything is possible, and the world's my oyster.

And in the midst of taking control of my life right now and planning all the fun things to do in the days to come, a line that I've always loved keeps coming to mind: "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."

I had been ready to dismiss 2010 as a year of angst and pain. A year that (I felt) I had lost control of everything. Especially in the last few months of the year, I struggled with my own personal insecurities and inner turmoils and projected them on how I viewed the people around me and the world. It was a year of change that I persisted to resist. It was a year that dragged me out of my comfort zone, and plonked me into the unknown, where I balked and sulked and stared longingly back at my past life.

So yeah, in 2010 my challenges were more mental than anything. Because in actual fact, it was a year filled with rollercoaster-like adventures, luxuries, and experiences that I had always dreamed about and look forward to having even more of.

Here's a recap for old time's sake. 

In January,

I was living in Shanghai. Shopping and eating away very happily.

Daddy came visit.

And I made a lifetime friend.

In February,

 I was back in KK. Such an awesome month.
Planned our wedding. 
Celebrated CNY with my Super Family. 
Collected AngPows for the very last time. 
Got Married!!! :) :) :)

In March,

Maddy and Jinee visited me in SH and we relived our college days for almost 3 weeks, 
only in much more style and with much more money. 
We be the stylo rich girls :)

In April,

Super Hubby gets offered the job in Luxembourg. 
We decide to take it. 
Hurried packings and rushed farewells to my (now) beloved Shanghai.

Spent a few days in Brighton and London for a mini belated honeymoon before we arrive in Luxembourg.

 Sobbed like a baby when found out my Sticky had run away from his foster house in SH, 
and learnt I could really love a cat.

In May,

I began my new life in Luxembourg.

I visited Cologne for the first time.

I ate at my very first 1 Michelin Star restaurant. A sign of good even better restaurants to come.

We moved into our very cosy home. 

In June,

Mahi Restaurant is launched (I am today a proud mother hen of a very popular restaurant in Luxembourg).

In July, 

Ate at another 2-Michelin star restaurant, just before the Chef retired. 

Visited my city of love for the first time ever. Twas a dream come true.

A mere three weeks later, 
we had an awesome summer holiday in Biarritz
where I met Oliver
and also had the best breakfast of my life.

In August,

I went to Brussels twice, once for a day shopping trip, and another for a lovely, fun, romantic weekend with Super Hubby. 

All my stuff arrived from Shanghai, and I also got to excitedly prepare for Mummy and Keshia's visit.

In September, 

MUMMY AND KESH WERE HEREEEEE!

I turned 31.

Went to Paris again. Still love it.

Visited Berlin for the very first time. Loved but still haven't blogged about it.

Started French lessons.

In October,

Started spiral of self inflicted pity party.

Super Hubby treats me to another 1-Michelin star restaurant

In November, 

Went to my first ever concert in Luxembourg. Faithless.

Also celebrated a very dear friend's birthday.

In December,

Got paopei and had some awesome sisterly time.

 Visited the famed Strasbourg Christmas Market.

Experienced the most intense snowfall Europe has ever felt in decades.

Had an amazing Christmas.

Got to spend some time with Daddy in Amsterdam.

Had a brilliant new year's eve with friends and family in Luxembourg. 

---

What a ride!

And I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited and ready for more. :)

3 comments:

  1. L'année 2010 est surtout l'année ou vous avez vécu un grand choc de cultures .
    Mais, soyez patiente , vous vous adapterez à votre nouvelle vie . C'est obligé et ce n'est qu'une question de temps.

    NL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count your blessings and be thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NL: Yes, I can see that now. :) And thank you for your comments through out, you've been really sweet and thoughtful.

    Anon: I am, I am :)

    ReplyDelete