Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Lovely Brussels Weekend (Part 2a)

After our little siesta, we caught up with the Super M's again at the hotel terrace for coffee and snacks.

I love macaroons. These were very nice. Laduree-ish. 
But I honestly, truly, still prefer the ones that Super Hubs makes. 
I think his are better than both Pierre Hermes and Laduree. Not too sweet, and a gorgeous texture.
But that's just me. Maybe I'm biased. :p

And before I forget, I left out an important part of the day that I forgot to write about in Part 1.

Pierre Marcolini! Rated the world's No. 1 chocolatier and winner of the Prix du Monde. Godiva doesn't even come close. In the chocolate world, Godiva is ready-to-wear, while Pierre Marcolini is haute couture. Walking in there was like a dream come true. I was again too excited and jumping around grabbing (uber expensive) bars of chocolates off the shelves that I forgot to take pictures of the very drool-worthy chocolate creations. Here's me in front of the shop and the huge stash of dark chocolate I got for mummy. Nothing is too expensive for mummy :)



... to be continued again...

1 comment:

  1. a whole box of macs! n what a nice room, so lucky oh! hey, yi said her fav place in france other than paris is chatres (sp?) n lyon. she also loves berlin which i heard you'll be going to with mi.make sure she post her photos up bc i didn't go there . about the shoes, nver mind, mi's right. again.when in paris, take her to the area called montpasse (sp?) which i'm told is still very french.

    ReplyDelete