Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pao Pei is 12


I remember one night less than 13 years ago when Super Daddy told me Super Mummy was pregnant. Again. I was shocked.


The shock quite quickly turned into excitement as I was old enough to be able to think of ways to spoil her, and having a little 'un in the family was something quite fun to look forward to. We brainstormed on names for months, before settling on Kristen (only to have us use her middle name, Leanne, in the end).


I shopped like mad, all things pink and tiny were my target. In fact, I think I used up so much of my college allowance in her clothes, you'd think I was shopping for my own child.


Fast forward 8 months later, I held the very tiny little baby in my hands and couldn't stop smiling. I had the honor of carrying her from the hospital to for the car ride back home, and the memory of that still gets me all teary.


From the beginning, she made me smile. She made all of us smile. Cute, huggly, cuddly, affectionate, and just so loving, she could light up any room. I use to carry her baby pictures around with me and show them to everyone who I could get my hands on, and say, 'THIS is the cutest baby in the whole wide world!'


I've loved her so so so so deeply since day 1, and this has never ever changed. In fact, it's only gotten stronger as I see her grow into a sweet, smart, and funny girl that has a heart of gold.


Paopei, here's the song I used to sing to you every night as I carried you and danced around the house when you were a baby. And I still feel the same when I look at you now.


Love you Pouts. My youngest sister. The sunshine of my life. You'll always, always, always be my one and only Paopei.

4 comments:

  1. this post is so sweet. you're like my big sisters but taller

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is everything you described, and more. happy birthday leanne! you are so loved n blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Votre soeur doit être très émue de lire ces lignes . c'est super que vous lui exprimiez ainsi votre amour car je pense que d'habitude les asiatiques ont du mal à parler de leurs sentiments .

    NL

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) thanks for the sweet comments all. i shy dy. :)

    ReplyDelete