Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Super Sunday

For my first Sunday in Luxembourg, William told me I had a surprise, and was to wake up early.

Now, after a longggggg day of art the day before, I was not happy about having to leave my bed anytime before noon. But looking at his expectant and eager eyes, I knew I had to not be a grouch so instead, said 'yay!' happily.

So, I wake up at 9am on Sunday to my darling husband jumping happily and saying that he had planned a trip for us.

Without further ado. I present to you TONS of pictures of my very very very very very very awesome Sunday date with my very awesome husband.

This is our super ride.


We were again blessed with amazing weather, and it was so nice to skip around like little kids.


Our first main stop was lunch at this very popular restaurant, hidden in the forests, which took us 2 hours to find, even with GPS. Seems we were only 2 minutes away from it when we were at the meadow (above). But because we took a different turn, we ended up here HOURS later instead. 


Very hungry, and very grumpy (me) waiting for our food, which took another 1 1/2 hours to appear.


Finally, it was here, and we dug in like cavemen. The food was nice. We had: 1 glass of wine, 1 coffee, 1 (still) water, 1 goat cheese salad, 2 steaks. Total damage: 75 euro.


We decided after lunch to take a drive to a park, and from the GPS, found one with a lake. Little did we know, we'd end up  in Belgium! :) And the said lake was man-made, with tons of people doing sport fishing, which was interesting to watch.


After the lake in Belgium, we came back to Luxembourg and found ourselves a proper park. I love the parks here! Birds chirping, air so crisp! We fell asleep on the benches. 

After the park, we went back to the hotel for a shower and change for our final stop and big date at a 1-Michelin star restaurant, Toit pour Toi ( http://www.resto.lu/fr/Luxembourg/restaurant.cfm?restaurant=11767 ). I loved the deco of the place! So beautiful, with candles everywhere. I was too shy to take pictures of the food. It was an amazing date night just hanging with my husband. 

Now, I wonder what he's gonna do for me next Sunday? *wink*

3 comments:

  1. ya hard life........and the beemer thingy with the GPS....can't imagine the suffering.....WDR9393

    ReplyDelete