Saturday, December 11, 2010

Appreciation Party #3 - Winter Wonderland

This week saw the most unexpected and scariest snowstorms, wreaking havoc in many countries all over Europe.


I won't talk about that. It's already all over the news. I will however talk about the fact that while it was inconvenient and cold and all that jazz, I am so appreciative that I had a present from home. And this present made this snowstorm so so so special.


You see, this present of mine has never seen snow before in her life. So while the rest of the world was screaming blue murder about how much problems the snow was causing, my present was jumping up and down, squealing about how lucky she was that there was so much snow, and how pretty everything was.


As every snowflake fell, her eyes would gleam and she'd stick her face to the windows, anticipating the snowfights we would have and the snowmen we would make.


She was so happy that I couldn't help dancing with delight too. I saw everything she saw and didn't even realize how 'bad' the snowstorm was until I saw the TV reports and heard the complaints of people.


Thank you paopei. Luxembourg in snow is so beautiful, especially with you.


I just hope more snow will come. Cos the ones that came are melting away. And I still haven't made good on my promise to make snowmen and have snowfights  yet.

4 comments:

  1. une main de bébé !! trop mignon , elle doit avoir autour de 10 ans ?

    NL

    ReplyDelete
  2. tt's really a lot of snow! this will be leanne's most memorable trip. so heart-warming to see your pics! just arrived in melbourne btw. love it here, didn't realize i missed it :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky you Leanne...wish i could join u guys too, esp the snowfights ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. NL: hehe. oui, elle est très mignonne! j'adore!!! 12 ans.

    aunty terri: you lucky woman. you're gonna have yi back soon! loved all your pics of her graduation. you must be so proud of her :)

    starr: faster come visit la!!!

    ReplyDelete