Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I'm talking bout SUNSHINE

This is gonna be a picture filled post of our very very very very blissful 3-day honeymoon in London.

I've heard Londoners say that in a year, the city experiences about only about 3 sunny days, and the rest of the 362 days are foggy, rainy and grey. When I was there, it was sunny for (almost) two days! How blessed!

Our smiling faces here are slightly deceiving. With 4 luggages, and absolutely exhausted from Brighton, we decided to treat ourselves to a private car ride from Gatwick to our hotel at Oxford Street.

OF COURSE I had to have fish and chips as my first meal in London. Which ended up a disappointment. But little did I know that wasn't the end of it, and that 4 hours later, it would cause me to hug the toilet bowl and hurl out all the contents of my stomach from the past two weeks. I puked for 5 hours straight. THAT was how I spent my first night in London.


Thank god I was given a few hours before the Fish and Chips could work its poison into my system. We managed to walk around gleefully and marvel at just how pretty the city that was home to all my favourite childhood story books is. 

xxxx

Day 2 

The next morning, despite my less than ideal night, we were ready to conquer London. The sun was shining so brightly that it was impossible to feel at all sick. The weather was cool and crisp. People were smiling. I was so happy.


First stop: Hyde Park. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! So nice lo!!!!!!!!!!


Boat ride on Serpentine's Lake. It costs 7 pound per person for a 30 minute ride. Worth every single penny. 


 Then we were at Buckingham Palace! :) Princess is HOME!!!!!!

xxx

Then we started shopping and all cos it started to rain. 

And then I had my most expensive hawker style wan tan mee and roast duck. Price of wanting a taste of home: 25pound. 

But it hit the spot perfectly, and thus ended my perfect, perfect day in London.

Then the next day it continued to rain. Just as well we were leaving.


2 comments: