Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Oh! Luxembourg!

So this is going to be my home for (I think) the next few years.

After all the angst and dread about moving here from Shanghai, I am finally embracing the change and kicking my ass into appreciation action.

First impressions:
It's a refined and elegant and small city. Much like a confident, well-traveled, (uber) wealthy, but very  discreet European lady.
If this city was a color, it would be a beige. Classic, age-old, but not flattering on all skin colors.

It's also very quiet. There is no rush that I am used to. I mean, there is no traffic. We're in the city centre, and you barely can hear the sound of a car. People seem unhurried. It doesn't mean that they're less efficient. But they're somehow calmer. Maybe that's what was bugging me. I'm so used to hustle and bustle and all things fast in the city, and this sense of calm and quiet is so foreign. I'd liken it to Mt Kinabalu in KK. Yup. THAT quiet.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics on all the posts....just tune in...beautiful city. mum here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    love you... more pics to come when the rain finally stops.

    ReplyDelete