Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Lovely Brussels Weekend (Part 2b)

So, Mdm M's best friend Ms.S and Mr.F were also in Brussels that weekend to celebrate Ms.S's actual birthday on Saturday. The Super M's of course asked them to join us for dinner that night at their favourite restaurant, together with their two sons.

We went to En Face de Parachute. I tell you ah. What a meal! It's an unpretentious place that is packed, bustling, noisy, and the food was sooooo good AND hearty. No small portions here. We picked off each other's plates, and while my chosen dishes were very super, I also wished my stomach space was double it's size so I could have ordered more. I am also very sad my camera didn't performed better as I really tried to take pictures of the very very very (I cannot emphasize enough) yummy food. But it just wouldn't rise to the occasion. Even editing the pics wouldn't help. Only one pic turned out 'ok'.

This was my starter. Boudin Noir (pig blood sausage) and a poached egg with truffle and cepe sauce.
I wiped the plate clean with bread.

And the rest of the food pics were just too dark and grainy and ugly. So I will just have to show you the people pics.

The middle pic is the group with the chef of the restaurant. He's the dude right in the middle. 

I had no access to the bill so can't tell you how much it was. Judging from the menu prices, I'd say a three-course meal here costs approximately 40 euros per person.

En face de Parachute is at Chaussée de Waterloo 578, 1050 Ixelles, België. Phone num: 02 346 47 41 

Again, to be continued. 

Next up, Sunday in Brussels. 

In the meantime, what I wore to dinner:

Jumpsuit: Some boutique in Shanghai.
Jacket: Mango, Barcelona.
Pin on jumpsuit so I don't flash: A market in Beijing.
On Super Hubs: All Zara.

No comments:

Post a Comment