Monday, February 27, 2012

365 #39 Dali in Istanbul


The weather has been incredible this past week. I've been out gallivanting and soaking up the fresh air and bright sunshine every single day, and have been a very, very, happy bunny.


I also managed to make it to the last few days of the Salvador Dali exhibition here in Istanbul, and was enraptured for hours. The exhibition was set in a gorgeous 16th century building, the Tophane i-Amir, (which used to be a cannon factory), and showcased 121 pieces of Dali's works: the "Divine Comedy" prints, and two series of color lithographs: “Memories of Surrealism,” and the “Gala” series. I was most excited by "Divine Comedy" - which is to me, Dali's most inspired work.


Here are some shots that I took with my Iphone. I didn't make an effort to take better pictures because there were so many lines to see the pieces, and when I finally got to them, I didn't want to waste my time framing a good shot.


I love that Istanbul has so many good art exhibitions. Still on is Van Gogh Alive, and recently opened Rembrandt. Average entrance prices are 10 turkish lira.


No comments:

Post a Comment