Friday, February 10, 2012

365 #29 Best foot forward


If you plan on walking a lot when you're in Istanbul, and you should, because there are so many small streets and alleys to discover, save your luggage space, and don't bring your pretty shoes. Practicality is key. I made the mistake of wearing my favorite sandals when I first arrived (before winter), and after a day of intense walking, the soles of my shoes and feet were begging for mercy. Istanbul streets are rough and best traversed with rugged, comfortable shoes. I'm glad it's winter now, because I can still look cool with riding boots. Make no mistake, I am all about being glamorous et all whilst traveling, but there are days when you just want to go where the wind brings you and stay out all day. Days like these, sneakers (with socks padding your precious feet) are the best bet.

 The sandals that need to be resoled.



3 comments:

  1. This reminded me of a time when I wore my K Jacques sandals when I was on a holiday. Tons of cobblestones. I was in agony.... and then some idiot stepped on my toes. So yup, it's back to either Repetto or Converse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your maxi and sandals outfit!! haha i know what you mean.. i haven't adjusted to living in europe completely.. because i still insist on wearing 5+ inches on cobblestone.. have you tried it? IT'S AWFUL!! i practically break my ankles everytime i step out! i miss pavement in the US hahahha i can't believe i'm saying that. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the amount of pretty shoes you have, I'd insist on walking on 5+ inch heels too! :p

      Delete