Monday, February 13, 2012

365 #31 How will I know


She saw me through my childhood, my loves, my heartbreaks, my tears, my life. 

I was lucky enough to see her perform live once a few years ago. And while it was sad to see that she was no longer the Whitney I had dreamt about for so long, she fulfilled a dream I had since I was a kid prancing and dancing around in my room with my blanket wrapped around me (pretending it was a ballgown) and belting out screaming 'I wanna dance with somebody' and 'How will I know' like I was a super star.

R.I.P. Whitney. Thank you for all the songs I still sing today.


2 comments:

  1. u used to sing 'saving all my love for you' when u were real little n i thought it was so funny! remember tt?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) hihihihi! yes! though i think when i understood what the song meant properly, i couldn't love it as much anymore. :p

      Delete