Thursday, June 17, 2010

Environmentally Friendly

Today, we got our electricity bill.

The amount we have to pay for 2 weeks is.................

(drum roll now)

32 EURO!

There is NO air cond. And we're not even home that often. And we wash our clothes once a week. And we have no dryer. I even switch off the lights after I come out of the toilet. How in the world did the bill come up to 32 euro for two weeks???

And how much is the bill going to be when we have to depend on the heating system in the winter when it is below 10 degrees?!?!

So, I have been forced decided to be environmentally friendly from this day on.

And I went on the internet to look for tips on how to conserve electricity and do my part in saving my money the planet.

Here are some that I am practicing as of this minute onwards:
1. Unplug chargers once mobile phones are not charging
2. Changing all my lightbulbs to 70% energy saving bulbs
3. Unplugging all electrical devices that are not in use. This includes my microwave, TV, laptop and lamps.
4. Be incredibly charming so I get invited out ALL the time, and don't have to use any electricity at home.

this pic has nothing to do with the post. 
But there was no other pic that depicted the way I feel right now.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! so expensive ah?!?!?!
    hou leng ah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi! On holiday faster update ur blog lah... I help u do so nice, go write in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cannot upload photos! very slow. i cant do flickr because i too young how??

    ReplyDelete