Sunday, May 30, 2010

WOO HOO!!!!

The second blog posting today!!!!!!

So, I get home from the hotel's office after painstakingly posting my post (below) with all the pictures of our new home. (Make sure you scroll down and read that post ah, it took me hours to take the pics and edit them)

Then, I realize I can somehow steal borrow wireless from someone in my neighborhood! This is revolutionary! That means I can skype with you all at home! (If the kindly neighbor continues to leave his/her wireless unprotected).

Anway, back to some backdated pictures of my life here in Luxembourg.

Last Sunday, at the town center, at one of the very few restaurants open on a Sunday.

Again, food nothing to shout out loud about. Actually, quite bad. But also maybe it's cos I'm becoming a snobby chef's wife :p But no, really, the beef tartare at this place was disgusting. I think they even used tomato ketchup! And I love ALL kinds of beef tartare. This was just too badly done. William's steak was better, it seems.
(sidenote: I love beef tartare so much, I'm gonna try to make it next week. William's recipe sounds easy enough, and I've got a tiny little blender for the olives and capers and onions, then I'm gonna use my hands to mix it with the raw minced beef. If it's a success, you'll be hearing about it!)

Total damage: 55 euros

Streets of Luxembourg. Taken just to show you how quiet the roads are on Sundays. Not that it's much busier on weekdays. But Sundays are q-u-i-e-t.

There ARE tons of people hanging out at the parks, though. And Gandhi's very much loved here.
PEACE=LUXEMBOURG

Here's us on another quiet day, going out for a walk. Mi-ah, you see, the yellow bag's back in season and I've been using it everyday!

And to conclude this random blog post and randomer pictures, I present the salads I have been making :)

So you see, you all will have healthy food to eat when you come visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment