Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Are you kidding me?!

So, today am continuing the search of our apartment.

And seriously, it's not fun at all. It's really, really, really, really expensive!

I was already shocked by prices in Shanghai. But that's really nothing compared to the situation here. For 10,000 RMB (approx 1,100 euro) in Shanghai, I had a HUGE 3-bedroom, 170sqm, fully furnished condo. And I already was wailing about how expensive it was compared to KL.

Little did I know, it would get worse. Here, for 1,000 euro, you get a bare, empty, 40sqm walk up flat. For 900 euro, you get a one-room 27sqm hole. Seems that people here are too rich to rent, and therefore rental properties are few and scarce and not very well done up cos the demand's virtually non-existent.

Here's a sample of what I've had to look at.
 
This is one of the better ones. It's 45 sqm, 1 bedroom, unfurnished. But that's not just what I'm stressing out about. Listen to this. It costs 970 euro to rent. 2,910 euro for deposit (3 months!). Plus one month agency fee. Upfront, we're to cough up 3,880 euro before even stepping in! Imagine, that's almost what some people pay as a deposit to BUY an apartment in Malaysia. 
  
And in case anyone is wondering if it's possible to get anything cheaper. Here's what you get for 870 euro.
 
 This is 27sqm. One bedroom. That's all. For almost 900 freaking euros. That's 4,500 RINGGIT! Seriously?!

God, give me strength to see this through.

No comments:

Post a Comment