Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Daily dress - treasure chest

Unpacking my boxes from Shanghai was like unpacking long lost presents that I bought myself. Of course, these presents didn't use to smell of moss and mildew, so I've been spending the past week doing LOADS of washing (think 15 boxes of clothes) and praying that the sun will shine so I can hang them out to dry.

One of my fave boxes to unpack was my jewelry box. I've been sticking to simple pieces (that came with me in my luggage) the past few months, and was almost shocked to see my big chunky pieces again. I almost was starting to think that I was born simple and elegant, instead of the (real) blingy, gaudy show-off that used to wear the biggest earrings and necklaces (at the same time) in KL.

Mind you, my jewelry collection that came from Shanghai is not exactly the real deal. In fact, I have another huge box in KL that I think has some of my fave huge-ass pieces. Either that or I might have sold them off in a fit of insanity just before I left KL a few years ago. Hrmmm...

Anyway, I think the next few daily dresses will feature some bling. I went for dinner at Mahi again last night, and to reduce the blinding bling factor, I decided to pair my outfit with a jacket so it would be hidden slightly.

 Jacket: Mango, San Sebastian

 Jacket off. 
Balloon tube top: Eclipse, KL a million years ago.
Jeans: Zara, Barcelona
Neck-thing: Shanghai, with Megs
Ring: Some market in Beijing 

No comments:

Post a Comment