Monday, June 20, 2011

An orange a day...

... makes me happy to play.

I know, I know, it doesn't make any sense. I just wanted to dedicate a blog post to my current favouritest fruit in the world - the orange.

The thing is, growing up in Asia, I never did like oranges too much. It was always risky to peel an orange, because 9 out of 10 times, it'd be sour and blah. And because I loath wasting food, I would force myself, squirmishly, to finish every cringe-worthy morsel.

Since living in Luxembourg though, the smell of oranges abounds in the markets especially in spring. Every week, I buy bags and bags of it, and permanently have a huge bowl filled to the brim with oranges. So sweet, so juicy, so comforting. Every single one of them. 10 out of 10 times, bursting with absolute perfection.


What's your favourite Spring/ Summer fruit?

No comments:

Post a Comment