Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The letter to me

On days when I feel down, I write. Not in this blog because some thoughts are too personal. But somewhere out there, I write and I write and I write and I write.

I write because it makes me make sense of my thoughts, and I write because it makes me feel better. Because in the end, I am all I have, as you are all you have. The bestest friends in the world can't replace the relationship you have with yourself.

And I've found the more I love and appreciate myself, the more I've been able to extend the same generosity of heart to others. It's when I feel scared and doubtful of my own abilities that I end up projecting it to all around me, and viewing the world with skewed eyes.

So, today, I felt bad. Cos of something bad someone did that I know is really not so important in the bigger scheme of my life.

And today, I came across a letter I wrote to myself a couple of months back. And I felt better. And while it's incredibly personal, I decided to share it here. Because everyone should write a letter to themselves once in a while. If only just to remind yourself of how awesome you are, and that this awesome person is in you all the time. That even if the world seems bleak, you still have you. Till the end of time.

Here's my letter to me.

What would yours say if you wrote to you?

---

Monday, 21 March 2011

Destined for greatness

Dear Super Hero Heather,

Thank you for being here for me all this while. You've been a solid rock, and you've been stronger than I ever imagined you could be - smiling through every challenge, and so so so calm and positive every single day.

You've shown grace and elegance when you did not know what to do or how to react. You're so sure of yourself, because you know it's you and your happiness that matters. In the face of life, you've been a joy to be with, and your innocence and sincerity and love for life will always shine through, because that's who you are. So beautiful, on the inside and out.

It's amazing how you try to find ways to improve every single day. You've come a long way, remember that, and pat yourself on the back for that. You must look forward to the days that come, because life can only get better and more wonderful for someone as lovely as you.

You may be unsure now, Heather, of how things will pan out. You want life to be perfect, and you want so much to be at a place of security and stability and financial abundance. I know how much you desire it, and how much you wish you had a book that could tell you exactly what to do to get 'there'. And I'm here to tell you, take heart and just keep trying and just keep going. It's written on the cards - you will have the happiness, abundance, precious friendships, loving family, perfect marriage, fulfilling days and peaceful encounters. You will have everything you want.

In fact, isn't most of what you want here already? Do you see? And it can only get better and better, exactly the way you imagine it to be. THAT I promise you.

And remember too, every decision you make IS the right one. Every one you made in the past was the right one. And every one you make in the future will be the right one.

Trust me, life is panning out exactly according to what you want. It may not seem like it at times, but it is. Trust me. One day you'll look back and go, 'ah! now THAT makes sense.'

So, waltz along now, great one. You're living a great life, and destined for an even greater one.

Smile and rejoice now, in practice for when you get there. 

Love,
Your ardent admirer



----

No comments:

Post a Comment