Friday, January 27, 2012

365 #19 Lifestyle image of the day

This one's for dear Aileen, who writes one of my favourite blogs: RaisingRockstar.


I'm typing this at my dining table, with my iPad right beside me because the habitants of my Sims Freeplay town need to be tended to all the time. There's also a huge glass of water right next to me because I'm always thirsty. On another tab, FaceBook is on. I don't update all that much, but I like to stalk and 'like' a picture or two occasionally. And on another tab, serious job hunting is (STILL) going on. My resume's updated, and I'm sending it out like it's candy on halloween. I'm dying to work again. JUST GIVE ME A JOB ALREADY DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! *Frustrated scream to let off steam* Ahhh... That felt (only) a little bit better. Sorry, where were we again? :)) Oh yeah, tabs. Well, to support THAT tab I mentioned, google translate is my best friend at the moment. While all this is going on, I'm also surfing www.yemeksepeti.com and trying to decide if I'm going to cook tonight or order in. I'll probably cook. Still have some blue cheese and cream in the fridge and will binge on blue cheese pasta for dinner.


I'm kind of snowed-in today. I make it a point to go out every day and meet a friend or two after the hubs leaves for work, but I can't seem to muster the energy today. I might have cabin fever. It's not that it's even close to the amount of snow we used to have in Luxembourg, but the walkways aren't too properly salted, so walking is such a hazard. From my balcony, I saw two men braving the weather whilst carting a huge cupboard down the hill. I kept staring because I was so afraid they'd slip somehow. I'm happy to report that they made it to the apartment they were going to.

I know today's supposed to be the continuation of Living in Istanbul: Nisantasi, but because I wasn't brave enough to go out and take all the pictures that needs to be included in the post, I guess it'll have to wait for another (better) day. And Istanbul's not very pretty in this gray weather. I hope the weather lets up soon and I can get me some of that wonderful Istanbul blue sky and bright sunshine.

On the bright side, since I had some free time on my hands, I've been playing with making GIFs. Here's my first masterpiece.


(p.s. A little tip: While the kissing thing may seem a little childish for a grown woman, it's actually a wonderful way to take a picture and appear slimmer. *Just saying... and sorta explaining*)


4 comments:

  1. lol lovely gif file you made! and nothing wrong making kissing faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweetie. May I confide I tried to b even braver therefore, re fleshing out the culture n CNY thing.. As for the job thing, I can understand how you feel, when I first followed hub after getting married, way before we were ready to have children, i was a miserable FAIL as a tai-tai n nearly went nuts for months til I managed to find a job finally. It's never easy when u r starting in a new location and yours is super exotic too! Don't forget: you ARE hugely capable and qualified. Difficulties securing a job after a move have a lot more to do with circumstance than ability. I could tell you the number of SAHMs or not-yet-Ms who are SAHs for that reason - Right off the top of my head I know two who have degrees n post grads from Yale, MIT...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for those encouraging words sweetie - much needed at this time. I have gone beyond nuts and am now an ape NEEDING nuts :p I'm hoping the job thing works out or else I'll be typing here like a maniac to while the days away. This leisurely lifestyle and afternoon tea with the ladies is seriously NOT what it was portrayed to be... Or I just don't know how to enjoy life properly. :p

      Delete