Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012. I am happy all the way

The past 10 days have been incredible. Laughing, smiling, chatting, seeing, eating, laughing, talking, sharing, experiencing, crying. Surrounded by people I love and who love me so much. What a wonderful way to end the 2011 and welcome 2012.What a lucky girl I am. It's been so (beautifully) hectic that I haven't even had the time to reflect on the year that passed, and sit down to write my year's resolutions. Not that I'm complaining. I love this bustle.

Just as a reminder to me, here's the very well-known composition by Mother Theresa I had forgotten, but rediscovered from reading a friend's FB post today (Thanks, Kat). I think this could well be the base of all my resolutions this year. Starting today. Right this minute.
People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies.
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you.
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight.
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough.
Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.

I'm loving 2012 already :))

Happy New Year everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Love the quote from Mother Theresa. And I made it my all year round resolution too. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you always have been, frank :)

    ReplyDelete