Friday, January 20, 2012

365 #11 Emo

I've been feeling emo the whole day. Since this morning, I've been wrapped in a blanket of self pity and home-sickness. Though where is home, exactly? I don't have a conventionally permanent one as yet, so I guess it's where the heart is. And right now, though most of my heart is still here with the hubs in this house that I've spent hours spring cleaning, pieces of it have flown away from me. They've flown to my hometown, taunting me as they breathe in the air filled with Chinese New Year bustle, shop for new clothes with my girls, wrap up ang pows to give to the kiddos, rub their hands in glee at the feasts ahead, slap down mahjong tiles, while they smile and smile and smile.

I know I promised myself this would be a space of goodness, but it's break time. After all, how could rainbows appear without a little rain?



4 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I might try to make nian gao tomorrow just to ease that homesick feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! I loveeee how my mum makes it, fried with taro... *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow dear... Sorry about the home sickness... I hope you can rejoice in the fact you have enjoyed all the happy experiences and have dear memories of these to keep close - from someone who doesn't have that many and is trying to make some for her own family. *hugs*
    ps: For dinner tonight we are having Hawaiian Pizzas with added black olives and mushrooms! Yums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) awww... thanks so much for the sweet words dear! Gong Xi Fa Chai to you and I love the way ur making memories! :)) today, I had chinese delivery all day long...

      Delete