Tuesday, October 19, 2010

To die for

I have always believed in the power and beauty of shopping.

*Hello everybody. My name is Heather and I am a shopaholic*

When you shop, you can uncover some of the world's most beautiful and amazing things.

On my last trip to Paris with Mi and Kesh, we shopped so much, we were bound to uncover something special. And we did.

Here's our story.


We got 'stuck' at Galeries Lafayette one fateful afternoon and couldn't seem to find our way out. It was a maze in there, and Kesh followed us listlessly as Mi and I stopped every two minutes to exclaim, "Oh my! Look at this!"

Anyway. We shopped till a point where we could hardly feel our legs anymore, and we could also see that Kesh REALLY needed some nourishment, so we headed in the direction of the Lafayette foodcourt for some veryyyy quick refueling.

And by divine intervention, I was entranced by a stall which has changed my (culinary) life forever.

THE BEST EVER BREAD IN THE WORLD (in my humble bread snob opinion).


 What stole our hearts as we stood on the street outside Lafayette munching away and ignoring the snobbish Parisien looks at the Asians eating on the sidewalk.
Goat cheese, olive oil and walnut pizza-sized and styled bread. 
Every bite a heavenly pleasure.
The goat cheese! So wangi!
The walnuts! So sweet and crunchy!
And the bread! Oh the bread!

 Look at Mi's mile wide smile. 
She chose an olive-laden pizza-sized and styled bread. 
It changed her mind about olives forever, and I bet she'll salivate again at this picture.

We fell so in love, we had a dose almost everyday. 
The baguettes so yummy oh.

And their sandwiches.
The chicken! The sun-dried tomatoes! Perfection! Perfection! Perfection!
And the baguettes are just THE best I have ever had.
And I've had LOTS of baguettes here in this part of the world. 
Kayser has the best baguettes. Bar none.

Apple pastry. So fine!

Nom nom nom.
I love Eric Kayser so much that if given a choice between shopping and eating his bread, I'd take the bread.
THAT much.

*Hello everybody. My name is Heather and I am a Kayserholic* 

5 comments:

  1. Tu m'as beaucoup fait rire en lisant ce post .
    je suis une de tes fans depuis le début de ton blog

    NL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Merci beaucoup NL :)

    j'essaie, j'essaie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bull. you'll take shopping over kayser bread. much as i love food, i think shopping gives a longer thrill (i was going to say orgasm but your mom'll kill me). btw, is there a morgan (de toi?) in lux bc i found simple dress in kl but they don't have my size (M).

    met a friend the other day. she'd been to the SH expo. she told me excitedly tt there's a country in the world called 'loo-sen--bao' n she said she never knew tt! i bet ppl in lux tell you they never heard of msia too. lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahah! Ur right aunty terri, i'd still shop :p
    And actually u'd be surprised, everyone here knows about Malaysia - guess our 'Malaysia, truly Asia' ads are working well.
    And I'm ashamed to say I never did hear of Lux before W's job offer came along. I thought it was some small town in Germany! I blame the education system in TTSS :p
    No Morgan here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetie i'm going back to Paris from 11th to 16th of dec, can we try to meet up for some bread bites ? ;)


    your geeky Loan =D

    ReplyDelete