Tuesday, April 12, 2011

You know...

... how they say that you pack on the pounds in winter and then the weight melts away as the weather gets hotter?

So not true! In my case anyway.

I think I was much slimmer in winter (despite eating every hour on the hour). I gave no thought as to how my body looked (since I was under mounds of clothes anyway), and I just ate (a lot) to keep myself nourished (and happy). And then, I seemed to lose weight so effortlessly.

Recently though, the jeans that used to hang on my hips are now straining against my bulging tummy, and as the weather gets hotter, I feel myself growing a size bigger every 5 degrees celcius that rises.

And I'm even making an effort to not eat like a pig anymore in preparation for bikini season (though where I am actually going to wear a bikini to in Luxembourg is a totally different conversation altogether).

Does it make any sense that I have now come to the conclusion that the more I eat, the more weight I lose?

And now that I'm eating (slightly) less the weight's somehow going back up because my body's protesting in a somewhat rudely ironic manner.

Or that maybe my body is allergic to heat, and will swell up like a balloon when the temperature goes above 25 degrees celcius (like it did yesterday).

And that my jeans will be loose again tomorrow since it's forecasted to be 3 degrees celcius.

Cos I already feel slimmer today cos it's 10 degrees celcius right now.

... aren't you glad you're not living in my head? (or in Luxembourg for that matter?)...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment