Monday, February 7, 2011

CNY in Luxembourg

The past week's been like any other week. Just that internally, I know it's CNY back home, and I'm trying very hard to mentally to 'feel it' as much as I can with no CNY atmosphere here at all. 

*reminder to self: stock up on CNY deco when I go home next time*

I would also like to announce that I am very proud of the fact that I spring cleaned the entire apartment myself before the 3rd, dusting every inch of dust away to welcome "spring" - though winter seems set to stay for the whole year here in Luxembourg.


I even managed to have a reunion dinner here on the night of the 'nin-sam-sap-man' with those I love best in Luxembourg, though on the menu was sauerkraut and not chicken and fish and yee-sang. And on that night, I taught everyone to say Gong Xi Fa Chai. Friends who care about my little traditions make being away from home feel a little better.


Oh! And again, I'd like to say thank you to the most wonderful invention in the world, Skype. How else could I have gotten a dose of family and mahjong? :)


But I must admit we 'broke' tradition a bit by having our haircuts and colorful clothes only on the 4th day of CNY. Better late than never :)


Gong Xi Fa Chai! Miss you lot back homeeee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment