Monday, September 27, 2010

Luxembourg so big oh

Rain rain go away,
Winds, please come blow the clouds away,
I sit and stare and hope and pray,
My friend the sun could come and stay.

Bah! I do not have a poetic bone in my body.

Weather sucks. Heater's already on 24/7 cos it's freaking freezing cold. And it's not even October yet.  HOW AM I GOING TO SURVIVE THE WINTER?

Nyways, back to happier times. The first Sunday Super Mi and Super Kesh were here (*sob* I still miss you '___' ), Super Dr. D (an original Luxembourger) and Mdm M offered to take us around to see the (normally) unseen Luxembourg. The Luxembourg I know has a radius of about 20km, and if left to me, Mi'd have probably ended up thinking that the entire Luxembourg is the size of Damai or Bangsar.

I'll let the pictures do the talking from here onwards. But I'll just explain here that our tour took more than 6 hours and was only a portion (something like 1/6) of the entire Luxembourg. So, yeah. Luxembourg isn't as small as I imagined.

Kesh posing while we were deciding seating arrangements.

Mi calls them happy cows. Or happy beef. Happy something. 

Pretty, right?

Mi and our Super tour guide.

Wonder what that lady behind's looking at.

Makan time was at this very original Luxembourgish restaurant hidden far inside some faraway woods
(at least it felt like that).

Their version of amuse bouche.

Shared appetizer. I find out here that there's a whole lotta smoked meat in Luxembourgish 'cuisine'.

Super Hubs with his steak. So nice and tender! He insists it's horsemeat. I choose not to believe my husband eats horse. (It's like how he chooses not to believe that I enjoy chicken feet).

Great minds think alike. Mi and I ordered the same thing. Roasted neck of pork with beans. I didn't enjoy it all that much. Meat too dry. I offloaded a piece to Boo and Mi offloaded a piece of hers to Mr. A2.

Kesh rather enjoyed her carbonara.

This was Mr. A1's dish. Wish I ordered it instead.

Dr. D's steak. So tender! I wish I ordered that as well!

Mdm M's cold beef salad. Not my kinda dish.

Then we were off to a castle.

Clarification: Boo's not so macho orange scarf actually belongs to Mdm. M. 

My hair always gets into people's faces. 
Look at poor Kesh trying to get rid of it.


 Then we arrived in an old abbey.

Kesh, Boo and I making wishes at the wishing well. 
We realised AFTER that we were supposed to throw the coins in with our backs towards the well and over our left shoulder. 
I ran back to do it properly again.

Church. Very pretty.

Oh, and I almost forgot the bleeping orchestra sheeps. 

This isn't a very educational post on where I was and addresses of where we ate and all cos to be honest, I really haven't a clue. I slept in the car most of the way and woke up bleary eyed every time we stopped at a destination. *bashful*

I stop here la. Posting these pictures are making me nostalgic about our good times and weather again. Talk soon!

2 comments:

  1. uncle KT recommends that William learn to cook curry dishes and introduce this in the Mahi restaurant menu as 'Mahi curry' how about it?

    ReplyDelete