Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Roma in Luxembourg

Restaurant Roma, that is.

We went for lunch with Dr. D on the weekend at one of his fave Italian restaurants in town. And before I go on about the restaurant, let me tell you about how much Dr. D knows his food. He loves his food, and wouldn't hesitate to hop over to say, San Sebastian or Berlin for a weekend to try out the city's current best restaurants with his wife, mdm M. And they've been doing this for more than 30 years.

I first met them the first week we got into Luxembourg, when Super Boss decided to invite all his good friends and food connoisseurs to try out William's cooking. I was sat right smack in between Dr. D, and another globe-trotting foodie chap, Mr. J, and they had me sweating buckets as they compared notes about the Michelin starred restaurants they'd been to, as we waited for dinner to be served. What was even more initimidating was that they not only knew tons about the best places to eat all over Europe, but they were also quite knowledgeable (and had been to) quite a few of the restaurants in our part of the world - Malaysia, Thailand, China, Cambodia... You get my drift.

I was very relieved when they were impressed with Super Hubby's dishes, and managed to relax enough to act normally, and enjoy the night. Since then, we've hung out often, and I always look to Dr. D and Mdm M for food recommendations, and general fun stuff to do in Luxembourg.

Now back to Restaurant Roma. This is going to be a short review because we only had a dish each (lunch had to be light cos we were looking at a very heavy dinner), but I promise this won't be the last review as it was so good that Super Hubby is already planning our next visit back there.

This was the dish that stole Super Hubby's heart. 
In his words, "The best tomato mozzarella salad EVER!". 
Seems even the dressing for the leaves were perfection. 

Dr. D's Spaghetti Vongole. Looked very fresh and delish.
And I wanted to grab the plate from Dr. D after he finished the pasta, especially when he started mopping up the juices with a piece of bread.

My ravioli with ricotta cheese, and pumpkin sauce.
This was the reason we came here in the first place, cos when asked what I felt like for lunch, the only thing that came to my hangover-ed mind was: something creamy, rich and carb-filled.
And it was a dream!  But William stole 3 pieces from me. 
Which made it feel like I didn't have enough, and I had to get an ice cream cone afterwards to make myself feel better. 

Total damage for these three dishes, a bottle of sparkling water (for the men), a bottle of still water (for me), and a latte (for William): 69.70 euro.

According to Super Hubby, we're going back this weekend for his salad. Me, I'm gonna try the Spaghetti Vongole. 

Address: 5 Rue de Louvigny, 1946 Luxembourg

2 comments: