Thursday, July 19, 2012

Recap: Day 2 of GM Diet

So following up from here and here, updates on yesterday, which was Vegetable Day.

Ate: 1 huge boiled potato, 2 bowls of soup, 4 little cucumbers, 10 cherry tomatoes, 3 big carrots + a vegetable stew of kimchi (thanks mummy), green chili, green peppers, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes and soya sprouts.

Drank: 2 mugs black coffee, 1 mug ginger tea, 2.5 litres of water. 

Activities: 1 hour walk around the neighbourhood, 90 minutes of Yin yoga.

How I felt: Surprisingly well. Though I did get pins and needles in my feet during my Yin yoga session. I wonder what it is, because I never get it usually. Back at home, and after my 3 bowls of vegetable stew, I was still craving some sugar like crazy, so I popped cherry tomatoes and gnawed on carrot sticks. I cannot stress on how important it is to always have the proper snacks on hand. Like they say, the only way this diet will work is if you're never ever feeling hungry or deprived.

When I woke up this morning, I weighed: 61.4kgs.

Today is vegetable AND fruit day. YAY!!!!!!!! I'm smiling, with my huge bowl of cantaloupe beside me, and the thought of the kilo of cherries sitting in my fridge prettily.