Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Meet KiToo


So, as you've probably figured out from my previous post, we recently adopted a kitten. I never thought I'd ever have another cat after this experience, but with the sudden abundance of wild kittens in the city, and Hubby's love for their big round eyes, I found myself helpless against his pleas, and have again allowed a furry being with smelly pee and poop to enter my pristine environment.

It took us quite a few days to name him and after getting to know him better, we (*ahem*) creatively came up with "Sticky Too", because like our old cat Sticky, this one's sticky, too.

I'm constantly amazed by the adaptability and affection that animals have to human beings, and how quickly they can warm up to their new environment despite being plucked from their natural habitat just like that. Kitoo (which is short for StickyToo), curled up to us and purred like he's known us forever since the day the hubs brought him home. After two showers, two visits to the vet and three nail cutting sessions where he wails like he's being tortured, he still comes back to us right after each ordeal, curls himself up in a ball on either one of our laps and purrs contentedly as he rubs his head against our palms.



But unlike Sticky who loved me best, KiToo's favourite seems to be his daddy. He wails and cries and runs to the door when the hubs leaves to work, wraps himself up in his shirt when he's not around, and actually runs to the door to welcome him when he gets back from work!


 *with Hubby's t-shirt

There's no end to this story. In fact, I think this might be a beginning of a series of KiToo posts. Meowr!


3 comments:

  1. kitoo is so cute!!!! look at those pink paws!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is!!! now, he has a new habit: fighting with the vacuum cleaner! :))

      Delete
  2. Your blog is nice and interesting :)
    ps: I would like the flag of your beautiful country on my website :))
    thank you
    http://www.yerhotel.com/Milano/ilario

    ReplyDelete