Sunday, November 21, 2010

Roasted Garlic Chicken and Pumpkin

It's so easy to cook for a my chef. Our friends always get nervous when they invite us for dinner cos they are scared that he'd be hard to cook for.

Little do they know that while his dishes in the restaurant are 'fine' and all, when he gets off work and actually eats, as long as there's at least a bulb of garlic (and mind you, European garlic is 10 times more 'power' than Asian garlic), lots of olive oil and butter, he's a very happy man.

Which makes him think I'm an awesome cook cos whenever I decide to make something for him, those are the three main ingredients I rely on.

Anyway. Back to the point of my post. I made lunch today. And am naming my dish Garlic Chicken cos garlic is the main ingredient in this dish. Much more important than even the chicken.

Ingredients:
-2 bulbs garlic
1 bulb unpeeled and sliced in half to be roasted with chicken. 
The other bulb peeled and chopped.
-1 chicken (this time I remembered to pluck the feathers)
Rub salt and chopped garlic on chicken. 
Also insert garlic slices inside chicken skin and in the thighs and wings. 
-1 Pumpkin
Peeled and sliced into pieces.
Toss raw pieces in a bowl with garlic, olive oil and salt.
-Some butter
This is to be placed on chicken breasts so they remain tender while roasting. 
Lends the breast some juices.
  
Then you heat the oven to 220°.
Then you place chicken and pumpkin together.
Then you sprinkle some salt and drizzle some olive oil on it before popping into the oven.

45 minutes later,


Voila!


It was very delicious, my chef said.

Paopei, make for you when you come, k?

3 comments:

  1. whah! am cooking this tonight. thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. will definitely have to try this soon! I'm drooling while I'm typing away. Anything smothered in butter and garlic is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aunty terri: yours looks so much nicer than mine loh! sifu!

    CCC: hehehehe. garlic and butter is the golden combo :) j'adoreeeee!

    ReplyDelete