Friday, October 7, 2011

Full of expletives (good ones)


So, it's official - we've moved from Luxembourg to Istanbul. And boy, I can tell you it's a HUGE change. Goodbye quiet living and hello 'WOAH!'.
I'm filled with mixed emotions, of course. I adore Luxembourg for all the super duper amazing people I've met and come to love and I'll miss the quiet serenity of this charming little city town, but it's hard to not fall head over heels in lust with everything Istanbul has to offer.
Hustle, bustle, colour, vibrance, life, smiles... It's a shock to the senses. In a good way, of course. For now. Everything is so amazing, and I'm impressed at every turn.
But to keep me on my feet and to show you that I'm not completely blindly enamored, I must also say the traffic is horrendous and the internet connection everywhere really sucks.
But other than that, I now know why everyone who's been to Istanbul loves it the way they do. Food is great, service is smooth and smiley, shopping is AWESOME, restaurants are chic, architecture is SUPER and the views are DIVINEEEE!


  (at just two of the many restaurants we tried. Can you see how amazing the views are?)

I could go on and on, and I'd really have loved to show you better pictures but none of my pictures does the stunning views or architecture any justice whatsoever. So, since I have no job (for now), I may fill my time by taking up photography classes and getting myself hooked up with a nice, big ass camera to while my leisurely days away.

The other could-do's in the meantime, in no particular order are:

1. enroll in some jewelry making classes and have an excuse to trawl the souks for some super sized stones and dress myself up in all the bling I see the women everywhere around me sporting.

2. make a baby.

3. blog regularly.

4. take up yoga.

We'll see :)

Any other ideas?



11 comments:

  1. Istanbul is one of my favorite cities in the world! Love LOVE LOVE the place. The people are warm and friend and the architecture.... amazing. You'll have so much fun exploring the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) If you ever come back, please, please, please holler! i'd love to meet up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly will, Heather! I'm hoping to bring my mom to Istanbul next April/May but will definitely let you know well in advance. By then, you'll probably discover pockets of Istanbul I never got to explore. My mom is a HUGE fan of Terri (silent reader of her blog) and would be so awestruck to meet your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I forgot to mention that you'll absolutely have to contact me if you ever get the chance to visit London. Likewise, I'd love to catch up with you!

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Marlene, that would be great!!!! :) Hubby and I'd love to meet you and your mum. And I hope chic little L will be coming too? I'm a HUGE fan of hers :) :) :)
    I'll send an email to your email so you have my email :) And I'll def contact you if I head to London - I adore that city as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, instanbul... never been there tho ehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't find a way to email you so am leaving this slightly random comment. I'm a reader of your blog (was the 'Anon' who was moved to tears by your story of Sticky the cat) and coincidentally, will be in Istanbul this weekend. Could you get in touch by email if you fancy meeting up? You can reach me at gmail, where my username is 6pointlane where the number is spelt out rather than in numerals. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nad: HelloOoooO! I can't get into your blog :(

    Anon: Did u get the email i sent you yesterday? Lemme know?

    ReplyDelete
  9. what?!! you moved! continue to enjoy life ya!!! i love all your 'to-do's!!!! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow!!! so exciting!! i'd love to visit istanbul someday. enjoy and tick off everything from your list one by one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. heather, i've sent you an invite to my blog already...

    ReplyDelete