Saturday, January 15, 2011

Make me cry

I've loved "Little Women" since I was a young girl. I must have read the book at least 10 times, living vicariously through the adventures and lives of Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy.

Then as I grew up, I kind of forgot all about it. Until I came across the book on Amazon, and bought it for old time's sake. But I never did get around to reading it again cos with Amazon as my personal bookstore which even offers free delivery to Luxembourg with every 25 pound purchase means I've got a huge collection of new books waiting to be read. *rubbing hands in delight with gleaming eyes*

Yes, yes, I am a bookwormy nerd.

Anyways, back to the point of my post. Last weekend, I was trawling a CD store, and found a DVD of Little Women, circa 1995, starring Susan Sarandon as Marmee, Winona Ryder as Jo, Claire Danes as Beth, and a very very very young Kirsten Dunst as little Amy.


And so I got it. And then I watched it. And then I laughed and cried and felt sad and felt happy.

Anyone who loved the book, and can get your hands on the DVD, please do. I guarantee 103 minutes of smiles and tears.

Mi, I pass to Bryan to bring back so you can watch with the girls at home, k?

1 comment:

  1. Si un jour , vous avez l'occasion d'aller à Bruxelles , il faut absolument que vous alliez dans les librairies qui vendent plein ,plein de livres d'occasion ,romans en anglais et en français de toutes sortes qui ne coûtent vraiment pas chers ( librairie "Pêle Mêle"qui se trouve en centre ville par exemple ou d'autres librairies dans le quartier ) Vous ne serez pas déçue .
    J' entretiens mon anglais en lisant régulièrement les livres que j'achète là bas et pourtant j'habite en plein centre de France .

    NL

    ReplyDelete