Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I made beef tartare!

I fell in love with beef tartare here in Luxembourg because the meat is so fresh (I guess premium prices does mean you get premium quality), and beef tartare being raw beef is based on having super good quality beef.

However, my love for it was making me slightly poorer. I mean, a main course here typically costs approximately 25 euros. So, whenever I wanted beef tartare, I had to fork out at least 25 euros, and frankly, I can't love something THAT much.

Then, I had a ta-da moment. I have my own super chef who makes super beef tartares, so why couldn't I get him to teach me?

And the ta-da moment got even better when he said it was super easy to do!

So, here I present the beef tartare I made with only some verbal instructions from my super chef as he got ready to go to work.

Beef Tartare
Ingredients:
1 portion raw minced beef (150 grams)
1/2 red onion (chopped)
4 small gherkins (chopped)
10 capers (chopped)
1 tablespoon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
A splash of tabasco sauce (according to taste)
A splash of worchestershire sauce (according to taste)
Some salt and pepper (according to taste)


You basically just mix everything in with the raw beef, 
and adjust the condiments according to what you like. 


While you're mashing everything up, you can (like me) fry some french fries. 
Or you can also eat it with a baguette if you want to be healthier. 
Tastes good with either one. 
I just felt like french fries that day.  


And voila! U have a wonderful plate of beef tartare. 

This is a no-fail recipe. Trust me. It was so good, I felt confident enough to serve it to my friend Ms. Z (who is also a beef tartare fan and expert) today, and she ate up every single bit, proclaiming it to be the best beef tartare she ever had! :)

See, if I can make it, you can too. 

Oh, and the total cost? Just approximately 4 euros per meal! Sure beats paying 25 euro for a beef tartare that isn't even as good as mine!

4 comments:

  1. action!!!!!!!WDR9393

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tambearung!!!!!!!! leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya Tumbearrung betul.....wdr9393

    ReplyDelete
  4. OI! where got tembearang oh? don't believe faster come try laaaaa :)

    ReplyDelete